If you've been following me for a while, you know that when my sister got married last June, I went slightly overboard and made a ton of stuff for her. I couldn't help it. I designed the "Save the Dates", I made her guest book for the shower, I preserved her invitation in a shadowbox, and I made a scrapbook of the candid pics taken from different events and activities leading up to and including the wedding day (I also made mini albums for each of the bridesmaids). There may have been other things along the way that I made, too, but I honestly can't remember. I'm so old. Ugh.
Now, as most of you know, the main work that I post here are WIPs and finishes of cross stitch projects that I do. I throw in scrapbook/cardmaking projects along the way, as well as sewing projects, but the main thing I do is stitch.
I've denied you WIPs for a long time, because I've been working on my sister's wedding gift, and I don't want anyone to see the project until it's done and in her hands. Then I'll feel comfortable showing you all the entire finished piece.
However...I decided tonight after finishing some of the detail work on the words at the top, that I needed to show you at least a little something. A sneak.
As usual, I made some major changes to this piece, one of which is the color of the flowers throughout. Rachel's colors were grey and yellow - we all held yellow bouquets, so I thought it only fitting that I changed all the flowers in this piece to match the bouquets we held. There is one other change I made to the piece, but I'll reveal all that when I do the full post in the near future.
Until then, I'll leave you with this ---